That was tough

That was tough

Did week 5 run 2 this morning - really didn't want to do it before I headed out as I was booked to play golf at lunchtime but forced myself out - second eight minute run was a struggle - but I pulled myself together and upped the pace for the last 200 metres or so.

That's my favourite bit of these runs - I'm much more comfortable running at a little bit faster pace, but know that if I tried to do a lengthy run at the faster pace I'd burn out quick.

Felt great afterwards, had a shower and changed then pretty much straight out onto the golf course - beautiful crisp and sunny afternoon here and now back with the feet up and slow roast lamb cooking in the oven.

Busy photographing a football team visiting sick kids at the hospital, attending a kids Christmas party and signing calendars tomorrow and back to day job and have a football match to photograph on Wednesday so it will be Thursday before I do the 20 mins non-stop - can't wait.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Enjoy the 20 minute run. I've just finished week 9 and remember that W5R3 run really well - it felt like the point that I could actually run! Well done, and keep it up.

• Enjoy this one and the rest. Great shoes too! Happy running. πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

You may also like...