New to Running and C25K - Loving It!

New to Running and C25K - Loving It!

Week 5 run 3 completed ๐Ÿ˜†

Finally, after a few rubbish years, I've started running. It's hard, emotional but absolutely worth it and I'm loving it. A couple of months ago I wasn't able to run for 30 seconds without feeling like I had an elephant on my chest, so I gave up. Why would anyone want to do this for fun? 5 weeks ago I tried again and today I ran for 20 minutes without stopping. I can hardly believe it, I'm so excited. I actually look forward to going out for each session. I can't recommend this programme highly enough, its brilliantly simple. Week 6 here I come, I can't wait!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I'd never run before and you just don't know how to do it do you! So, having this programme that tells you exactly what to do, and when, is such a relief. It's literally one foot in front of the other. As long as you go steady, slower the better, you'll be fine.

It's fun! I loved it. Sounds like you will too. Take it steady though. Those that do make it to Graduation in one piece. Good luck!

• Well done. Slow and steady is the motto. And enjoy ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Š

• The joy oozes out of your post! Go you!

• Well done. I'm only a few sessions ahead of you and the 25 minutes will be no problem to you.

• Agreed! I still come home amazed that I've just run 25 mins non stop.

I would never have thought it possible to go from no running to 20/25 mins nonstop in such a short time.

• Yay!! You're hooked now - there's no going back! Welcome!

• Fantastic, well done you!!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• What a great post, complete with fab picture there! Sounds like you're doing brilliantly and I'm so glad you're loving it. W5R3 is a big one which proves to people (if there was any doubt by this stage) that they can do this running thing and, not only that, but it's pretty fun too! Congratulations, you deserve to feel really proud. You can!

• Well done 1969alt ...๐Ÿ˜„ keep up the good work..slow and steady.x

• Fantastic!

• Great comments guys thank you xx

You may also like...