Absolutely loving running!!

Hi

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post! I've been reading people's messages over the last few weeks and today I decided to sign up.

I'm so glad I've found C25K! I'm now on W5R2 and I'm absolutely loving running! I never throught I'd say that as 5 weeks ago the thought of running was never very appealing. I was also hopeless and seriously unfit and couldn't even run to the end of my road. However, a friend told me about C25K and since I've started the plan I haven't looked back.

Slightly worried about my next run though. Going from running 8 minutes to 20 minutes seems a big jump. Also going on holiday the end of next week so I won't be able to run for 9 days. I'm really going to miss it and hope I'll be able to pick up where I've left off when I get back.

I've found this forum a huge support and to read that people are going through the same thing as me and have similar questions and worries is reassuring. I just want to say good luck to everyone following this plan, we will get there!

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • So glad you are enjoying running, icequeen5. You really are ready to do 20 minutes now after all the preparation you have done. I know that felt like a really great achievement. Keep going. You are over half way now.

• Trust in the program, you will manage the 20 minute run and not only that you'll feel so good. It's more of a mental battle than a physical one and you can do it.

As for going on holiday, I had my 2 week holiday after W6R1, and when I got back I just repeated W6R1 and carried on.

• Hello and welcome this forum and the programme are the dogs doodahs!

Why cant you run on hols :-P?

(you can tell I am a real running nut now after 35 years of avoiding it like the plague lol!)

• Thanks everyone for your kind comments and advise. I'm tempted to pack my trainers as I know the hotel has a gym! I'll have to see if I have any room left in my suitcase.

I've been running outside so far but I'm not sure about running on a treadmill, I always feel like I'm going to fall off!

Deryn61, I'm glad someone else is a running net as well!

• Hi Icequeen,

Well done on your progress so far - week 5 is 5 weeks more than I thought I'd get when I started :-) It's true what they say about week 5 run 3 as well - it's much more a mental challenge than a physical one. You can't believe you'll get there but somehow you do.

I normally run outside but did 2 runs of week 8 on a treadmill on holiday. It worked out well once I'd figured out how to switch it on etc - no problems with getting lost in a foreign country! I'd give it a go if I were you. I did have problem with the next run though - I doubt that it had anything to do with the treadmill, more a case of insufficient rest days.

Good luck and look forward to reading how it goes. Have a great holiday!

• Hello and welcome!

Just did the 20 minute run today! All I have to say is, do not worry/think and go for it!

It will be fine, you CAN do this.

I was so worried about it, I secretly wished something would happen so I didn't have to go out there and try (aliens could come take me away?!)... shame on me because it was a great run! Especially after the horrible run 2 this week...

Grab your trainers for your holidays! ;)

Have a lovely time and happy running!

• WELCOME WELCOME! :-) Gayle

You may also like...