It was hard today :(

I did another 6.5k on my treadmill as it's so cold and my hands and feet are hurting but it was so hard. After 10 mins I was puffed and legs were heavy but I did keep going for 45 mins and get to my 6:5k. Immediately afterward I felt good as we all know we do and that's the feeling we crave. How ever 3 hrs later my legs have not recovered and I would go as far to say they are hurting especially at the top of each calf. I did notice the treadmill kept changing the incline between 1 and 3% randomly well probably not randomly I expect I randomly hit a button I should not have! I missing the outdoor runs but throughly enjoy reading all your antics so keep it up people!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • 6.5k is great, well done you! Although I am tempted by the treadmill in this weather I just can't stand it after the outdoor runs. Glad to see you're still enjoying your running Tombenoly. :)

• Well done !

Yes it was hard, but you didn't give up , 6.5km is great !

Maybe a couple of days rest to give your calves chance to recover xxx

• Rest your calves for a day or two, then have another go. If the treadmill is going up too steeply, can you override it back to 1%? Well done on running 6.5k! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»

• That's brilliant! Well done to you. I use to run on a treadmill and can imagine that distance would be hard! Lots of stretching for the aching muscles and you'll be good to go again 😊

You may also like...