Parkrun 3

Think you nead a parkrun community on here as well at c25k.

I finished my 3rd Parkrun at the weekend with a PB even with me being last at all three runs and icy on the 2nd one I still feel chuffed too bits.

Thought today I would walk 5k just to see what the difference was. Half way round I cockled over and twisted my ankle.

Now I am sitting here with an ice pack on my ankle praying it is not so bad and I can run again at the weekend. Who would believe that I am looking forward to doing 5k and coming last. THINK I HAVE THE BUG...

I blame whoever on here mentioned Parkrun.

Thank you .

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Oh dear! I hope it gets well soon. It's great, this running thing, isn't it?

• lol - good post. Made me smile, feel same about park run - one day I shall try!! Sorry to hear you are wounded though :-( Get well soon.

• Well done! Yep, sounds like you're hooked!! No stopping you now! :)

• Well done on completing your third parkrun. Great news. Look after your ankle. Rest as much as you can. Running is just great, isn't it? πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»

• Hope your ankle is soon better. I did my 1st park run on Saturday and got a PB and I fully expected to be in the last few but somehow I managed to get back 37th out of 76, I was on a high for the rest of that day, Really felt like all the hard work training paid off.

Hopefully you can soon feel the buzz again. Good luck

• Thank you all for your best wishes, ankle not too bad today,rested it with ice pack on first then I smothered it in arnica gel throughout the day and night . Same again today and fingerscrossed Parkrun here I come.

You may also like...