How do I fit in a third run?

Hello. I'm on week four and things are going well. I ran today, but I am busy all the way through Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so can't do my third run properly spaced this week (I really can't).

Is it better to take a long break until Monday and do run three then (I'll be doing some walking at the weekend), or to run two days in a row this week? Thank you

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Run Monday, just do the runs asap as you can fit them in, don't run back to back always have a rest day while doing c25k...

• I would have the break. You need a rest day ☺

• Take the long break. It'll feel good to get out there again Monday.

• Monday will be fine. Don't worry😊

• Thanks, everyone

• The 'week' means nothing - it is simply a set of three outings and you might do those every other day (so some weeks you might have 4 runs, the next 3) or when life gets in the way or you need more non-running days, longer than a week.

• Thanks again, everyone. I managed to sneak in a run on Friday after all. I 'relaxed' with a ten mile hike on Saturday, then had a quiet day on Sunday. Today I started on week 5. It looks daunting, but day 1 went well.

You may also like...