Going Well

Had my second evening run since putting the clocks back and tonight was so much better than Monday. After Monday's fiasco of nearly getting run over by a car forcing me to stop for a short while we exchanged pleasantries (NOT!!) I was worrying about future evening runs. However, tonight I tried a different place to run. Stopping off on my way home from work I tried running around the local recreation ground which was better lit and a little more safer feeling than the unlit back roads edging onto open fields that I usually use - albeit a little samey after the 6th time around the perimeter. But I felt great :-) I ran for a little longer than usual and covered 2.6 miles which equates to around 4.18 km. Think that 5k will soon be within my grasp.

I will be using this place again for evening runs.

xx

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good going with the run :-)

I have some bright yellow reflective gear for dark nights , got it from sports direct as it isn't to expensive.

• Thanks Mollydex - I've got a reflective jacket and also bought 2 head lights to wear x

• It is worth investing in some running extras - reflective vest, head torch (I have a great one which only cost twenty pounds and it is rechargeable)

• Yes, it does sound that you'll be at 5K really soon - well done! I admire anyone who can run in the evening. I really cannot face it after a full day - I am a morning runner myself.

• you are doing great! :) Running 'laps' can be a bit repetitive - but also it's motivational to know you are running just that wee bit further or faster than last time :)

• Glad you've found somewhere safe to run :)

• Well done dereham-girl!

It sounds like you have this running lark totally cracked! And as you say, it cannot be long now before you also crack that 5k mark. Excellent! :) x

You may also like...