I did it , 5k non stop. Not fast at 46.36, but I feel so, so good! When I got home Mr W asked how it had gone and I became really tearful! Still a bit emotional now lol๐Ÿ˜ณ

It's my first run after a planned 5 day rest. I needed some 'me time' today so took myself off for a pre lunch-run intending to cover a cheeky 2 or 3k. But I kept running. When MapmyRun said I'd covered 4K I thought, oooooooo.....be rude not to do the additional distance to make it my first 5k of the programme! I did it, I did it, I did it๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

34 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Yay! Congratulations :-)

• Well done! Who cares about the time? You did it!

• Thank you, I'm so happy! I can work on a sub 45m 5k as a next step๐Ÿ˜€

• I have yet to hit 5K. My limit at the moment is 3.75K in 33 mins! But I have never felt so fit and I know I will get there.

• Well done Jac! Keep at it! Feels good doesn't it? and it gets better!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

• It feels great Dave, and just what I needed today! Still in awe of myself hehehe

• Ah Well done Jacsw , that's fab !

And Dave's right, it just keeps getting better and better :-) xxx

• Jacsw that is completely brilliant! I'm not surprised you're emotional. You did it, you did it, you did it!!!!

• Go you....! Amazing...you have done brilliantly....I am not surprised you were tearful, I feel it for you...:) ;)

• Congratulations! Really fantastic and I bet you will be grinning for the rest of the day!๐Ÿ˜€

• Fantastic, well done to you!

• Thank you, onwards and upwards......but mot too quickly๐Ÿ˜€

• Well done, well done, well done! :)

• Congratulations and well done - I did my first post grad run the other day in 45 mins, I was thrilled that I'd done 5K, and I know it isn't fast, but was disappointed when I told my younger brother and there was a 'tumble weed moment' then he said well never mind, I'm sure you'll be faster next time! If he hadn't been 150 miles away, I might not have been responsible for my actions!!! Well done Jacsw I know how much this means - just hoping I finish before the walkers at this weekend's parkrun!

• Great acheivement, no wonder you were emotional - I'm choking up just reading about it. What a feeling, hug it close and enjoy............. Good run - good day - hurrah ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿพ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿ’

• Superb job :)

And another stunning thing about that compared to week1 run1???

You just ran for over 46 minutes!! 46!!?!

Amazing achievement xx Well done xx

• Yes hadnt thought about that but so very true! I AM a runner after all๐Ÿ˜€

• fantastic well done it is a great achievement and brilliant to be able to say "yes I ran 5 k the other day"

• Really chuffed for you. I love reading these posts they keep me motivated. X

• ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Well done ! Couch25k....you've just cracked it!

• Great. So well done. Amazing

• Yahoo well done๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐ŸƒI can't wait to get to that stage il be like you & in tears! I'm very slow still just at week7r1 tonight 1.84mls in 25mins but I'm just chuffed to be doing that and stopped beating myself up at being too slow!!! I'm still running & better than couch option!! Well done & congratullations๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘enjoy your runs now!!!

• Stellar job. Well done.

• Way to go. That first 5k is special.๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผ

• Well done! It's a great feeling to think "I actually ran for a whole 5k - wow" - so keep going!

• Whoo hoo! Great stuff! That first 5K was better than graduating for me cos you do it on your own. Enjoy your moment!

• Thank you! I am still on a high. Now developing my plan for moving GENTLY towards a 10k, but absolutely no rush ๐Ÿ˜€

• Your 5K time is faster than my first, so congratulations on that! Yes, it's good to have a goal, 10K is the next obvious one. As you say gently does it, you know about the 10% rule I assume? I just added half or one KM a week as I felt capable, you'll get there. Good luck and enjoy!

• Hi yes i do thanks CG. I am planning to increase only one run a week, and only slightly๐Ÿ˜€ Slowly slowly . Im intending to do some parkruns to consolidate on this first though ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

• How brilliant - that sounded amazing - well done you YAY! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿƒ

• Thanks Successful Kate! Had a tough family health related day yesterday, the run was a great tonic!

• It really is proving to be the tonic you need which is amazing for you ๐Ÿ˜€

• Brilliant! Well done to you! That's a big milestone so you should be very proud ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Brilliant! Congratulations!