Waterproof running top?

I am sadly on the illness couch today with a head cold and aches. Not a happy bunny when I only get Mondays and Thursdays work and child free running time. So I am online shopping for winter running gear and would like a waterproof lightweight running top for showery days that I won't sweat hideously in. I am still a novice runner so nothing too pricey yet. Any recommendations please?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • poor you, I hope you are better soon... To be honest you are better off just wearing a normal running top as getting wet is par for the course and rather refreshing as it cools you down!! If you are thinking of the Winter months then a waterproof running jacket may be a good idea. I only ever wear one in Winter for long runs. You will be wet from sweat anyway....

• Yes I was thinking about going out on rainy days and assumed a kind of showerproof hi viz number was in order! Perhaps not then and I should embrace the drowned rat look. I have added some long running leggings to my basket and have a long sleeved top. My winter running wardrobe seemed a little sparse for cold wet days.

• High vis tabbard good idea for being seen, if you feel the cold a hat too????

• I am sure that you don't glow as much as I do, but I have never bothered, knowing that I would get wetter from inside than the rain could ever make me. In three years I have only started a handful of runs in the rain......a good local weather app is probably more use than a waterproof.

You may also like...