W4r3 numb foot

My first post here; trying to get back into shape: haven't run for over25 years and started this app 4 weeks ago. Starting with week 3, when I had bought new shoes, I get numbness in left foot after about 18 minutes. Have loosened laces a LOT but still get it. Tried it yesterday with just brisk walking and same thing, just a little less. Wish me luck today as I try it in my oldNrwBalance shoes which are wider. Although I hate to be out $130 sure hope it's the shoes and not my body saying you are now 30 pounds more and you can't do this until you drop the weight!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Take the shoes back and get a different style or brand. Unless you're wearing tight socks? That can be a culprit as well.

• Your feet expand when you run, so what feels comfortable pre-run might change at 15 min, 30 min, etc. Chances are your old shoes fit a bit differently on the top (or you're just lacing these new shoes tighter).

Try tying the laces a bit looser. When your feet get numb, loosen them further.

If you can narrow down where the tightness is (for example, if your ankle is fine but your arch is a bit tight), you can play with lacing techniques.

You may also like...