My new Bling. Challenge Complete

My new Bling. Challenge Complete

Nearly a year ago I set myself the challenge of doing 1000km in a year, in my build up to hitting 50.

Today I competed my challenge with 15 days spare. I ordered myself my own bling to commemorate it,. And it just happened that I was under the minimum order of £3.50 so I got myself a mini trophy as well,. I've never had one of those before.

This year I got the Bronze medal after my Birthday I will start on next years and that one will be a silver one, then on to Gold.

I use Garmin connect which is free and even if you don't use a Garmin watch you could manually add in runs and it has just quietly ticked off all my runs, walks and swims in the last year.

Some weeks it has been good for getting me out the door just for a walk even if I hadent the energy for running, especially when the hay fever was bad and it equates to approx 20km every week.

There are so many different challenges you can set your self with this running lark I just love it.

Wishing you all a happy healthy running week

Rfc X.

Last edited by

36 Replies

• Well done rfc that's amazing and I love that you awarded yourself your very own trophy! All you need now is a podium 😁😁

• Thank you. I couldn't do a podium, all those people watching. 😳

• Stand on a chair :-D

• What a fantastic idea. Congratulations on achieving your goal and loving the bling. Enjoy.

• Thank you. It's really heavy I was surprised.

• Wow RFC - that's a fantastic total and achievement. You're medal is well deserved!

• Thank you, I nearly forgot about it luckily when I remembered I was still on track.

• Well done RFC, what a great achievement!

• Thank you

• Great idea rfc and congratulations on succeeding in your challenge! Love that bling!🙂

• Thank you, it is nice bling. 😀

• Fantastic! I love it! Well done and great idea:)

• Thank you. I'm a carrot and stick sort of girl.

• Well done RFC! What a great idea. X

• Thank you

• Many Congratulations to you RFC !

That is such a brilliant motivator in getting you out there

Fantastic idea, Well done ! :-) xxx

• Thank you. I meant a lot more to me than I thought it was going to, which was a nice surprise

• What a brilliant way to motivate yourself RFC. It can be difficult at times especially in poor weather or like you say bad pollen days to get out the door. Nice to reward yourself as well.

I might pinch this idea to get out throughout the year because I'm guessing the winter may be my downfall. I doubt if I'll set a target of 1,000km though and I've left my 50th a little while back so need to think of a date to target.

• Thank you. Feel free to pinch it's nice having a long term goal.

• Haha thanks RFC but I now feel bad by reverting to type and saying I would steal the idea. I'll take my lesson from dddd4 and maybe just borrow the idea 😳

• That was a great idea and congratulations on your big achievement. I'm pleased you got the bling - you deserve it! May have to borrow that idea myself further down the line.😊

• Thank you. Feel free to borrow it's quite good fun having a long term goal.

• Impressed xx

• Thank you

• Oh well done RFC, that's a brilliant achievement and I just that idea, especially with bling at the end!

• Thank you. I do love bling thats running related, not the sparkly stuff so much but give me some metal and a ribbon and I'm a happy girl.

• Yes I'm the same. It's a prime motivation 🤗

• That's brilliant - well done.

• Thank you.

• Well done fantastic effort. Look forward to seeing the silver and then gold. Magic.

• Thank you, I think it's a case of I've started so I shall finish😀. (Hopefully)

• What a fantastic present to yourself, all of it, the running and the medal and trophy. Really well done xx

• Thank you, it's really boosted me to feel the achievement especially as I'm not entering so many events at the moment.

• Great idea. I think these little tricks really help to motivate us. I, for example am amazed at how much I don't mind the cheesy messages (overachiever!) and badges I get from Fitbit; my last one was for walking the length of Italy since I started in late April. I think it appeals to the child in us (and I would usually rate myself as a bit of a sceptic)! Thanks for sharing!

• Thank you. Wow well done on your achievement that's great. I have found out with running I'm very much a running for something sort of girl. My last 12 weeks have all been about the simple task of ticking boxes and that really worked for me.

• Sorry for late reply RFC! This is a brilliant idea and I love the medal. 1000km !😊😆excellent, blingtastic stuff😆

You may also like...