WK5 R3...the scary one

Last night was WK5 R3 Eve 😱 and I told myself not to be too disappointed if I couldn't complete it. I found the two 8 mins of WK5 R2 really tough, so resigned myself to the likelihood I'd have to make several attempts at the dreaded 20min run.

I decided to leave Laura at home as there's no stopping for recovery walks, and I thought my own music might help me more. I left the house and was in the middle of my warm up walk when my neighbour, who was walking his dogs, joined me for a chat. Although explained I was following a programme, he tagged along for the rest of the 'brisk walk'!

After that, I set off at a gentle jog and kept it going the full 20 minutes - even did a couple over because Laura wasn't there with the stopwatch. I'm totally amazed to have managed 20 minutes running. It's really made me feel graduation is achievable and that I want to keep up running beyond it. Very chuffed! Singing along with my odd little playlist helped a lot. Here it is if you're interested...

Knock on Wood, Amii Stewart

Antmusic, Adam & The Ants

Should I Stay or Should I Go, The Clash

Loch Lomond (Live), Runrig

Mackay's Memoirs, Martyn Bennett

16 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Very well done! Isn't the plan fantastic? A little voice in the back of my head I remember saying "20 minutes, really? Can I do that?" oh of course! And I love your playlist. I wanted to marry Adam Ant when I was about 9 lol! :-D

• Thank you. With you there on Adam, who could resist a dandy highwayman? πŸ˜„

• Fantastic! You totally nailed the boogeyman in the cupboard. Week5 run3 - check :) Over half way. Won't be long now 😊😊😊

• Thanks @McFitty. The encouragement on here is amazing!

• Well done Cantray! That's a real turning point in the programme.

• Thank you. Yes it certainly feels like it. Hope you have good runs this week. 😊

• Amazing, well done you!! It's a real milestone and you did it! You're right, you definitely can reach graduation, won't be long now!!

• Thank you Melly4012. Hope so!

• That's brilliant. 20 minutes is definitely the point at which you realise that the whole thing is possible. I floated in air all day when I did it πŸ˜€

Should I stay or should I go - now that's worth adding to my playlist πŸ˜€

• Thank you - no-one could see me in the woods so I was running along playing my imaginary drum kit!

• Well done to you !

Oh the feeling after completing this run is just amazing isn't it ? Its a defining moment where you think " Yes, I can do this !! "

Good Luck , youre doing great, keep going ! :-) xxx

• Thanks...I think you're right, it felt like a huge milestone. 😊X

• I'm on W5 R2 tomorrow and have been getting proper gremlins about that and R3 on Saturday for me. Reading your post has given me a glimmer of hope that maybe I can do it! May make a play list too and add yours to remind me it's doable. Well done :-)

• Thank you and good luck @Beelady. You can do it! Good luck - hope you post how you get on.

• Well done, great feeling doing 20 minutes nonstop.

• Thank you. It really does feel good. Good luck with your runs this week 😊

You may also like...