I cheated!

...becasuse I had my G&T's last night, and not just one! But.....W9R3 is done! Procrastination at 6.50am this morning included fiddling with the technology, watering plants...yes really, deciding if I needed a jacket, thinking about a route.....then finally I was off.

Changed my mind about the route once I started, remembered all Laura's tips along the way, heel first, breathing, what to do if I got a stitch, not bouncing up and down when someone sees you over the hedge (remember that one!)...all those little things. And there were no tech problems today, Laura was there every step, no dramas either, no fresh cow deposits to negotiate, it was all good. The first 15 mins was actually quite good as well....the last 5 was hard though, heavy legs, but pushed through and that's it, I'm done! 4.6k according to Runkeeper. Yeeehah!

Just a footnote that makes today very special. In January of this year I set myself a target of losing 4 stone over the course of this year....guess what else I achieved today, yup, 4 stone gone! Mostly through diet, swimming earlier in the year, and lately running. Not bad for an auld yin! There's more weight to come though, I'm 14 stone now, but I'll be setting a new target...onward and downward and on to 10k me thinks!

Happy Friday folks!

27 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • That is brilliant 3 of us done just the other 3 to go

• Brilliant! Congratulations on graduating and on the weight loss! Have a happy day.

• You absolute star Big-fella! Graduating in style :) 4 stone gone? That's incredible. A remarkable auld yin :) Ellymeg and I can have the chocolate then? ;)

• Yup chocolate all yours! I'll be on the rice cakes!

• They go well with Fizz I'm told ;)

• Congratulations - what a great feeling :-)

• Congratulations to you Big-fella enjoy the celebration :)

• Yeeeehah ! And another one of the Musketeers is over the finishing line ! :-)

Many Congratulations to you Big-fella , tis a fantastic achievement !

Blimey, A MASSIVE WELL DONE on the weight loss !!! 4 stone in less than 8 months, is amazing . Just shows you what we are capable of when we put our minds to it !

Enjoy your day, this is just the start.............. xxx

• thank you, thank you!

• Congratulations!πŸ™‚

• Well done! I graduated yesterday and I procrastinated for four weeks so watering plants is nothing to be ashamed of!

• I know...you just got to do it and get on with it!

• Double congratulations to the new light weight fit graduate!!!

• 4 stone is amazing! And congratulations on graduation. Any plans for the future?

• oh yes....and 1.5 stone to go....and 10k to come!

• Fantastic achievement. Be proud!

• HOORAY!! 2 massive achievements in one day!! You must feel amazing. Well done you. Congrats on your graduation and don't forget to ask for your shiny new badge!!

• yes, a very good day! very good indeed.

• Well done Big_fella thats really impressive. Not just starting running, but dropping 4 stones too. Congratulations :)

• Fabulous achievement.. well done.. I've now lost 3 stone.. So know how dedicated you have been..

Keep it up.. x

• thank you!

• How fabulous, huge well done on the weight loss! I think the title of your post should be, 'I succeeded'!!!

• Well done, not so big-fella!

I hope you are feeling very proud - there's room up on that podium for all you new graduates today.

Enjoy the feeling!

• You did it, πŸ’« You did itπŸ’« You did it allπŸ’«πŸ’« πŸ’«Great achievements.

You ran in style and you pushed through to the end - a sound success - hurrah πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ’«πŸ’«πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Crossed that G-line woo🎈🎈🎈hoo 🎈🎈🎈 happy or what!

I have prepared lots of yummy dips and veggy sticks for our party. Don't forget the rice cakes!

Extra hurrahs for your weight loss πŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸŽπŸŽπŸŽ

• i"m partying now.....wine, and not a rice cake in sight!!!! well done you, and a great celebratory post.

• Well done, I have just completed the program tonight and what a achievement it's hard to believe that 9 weeks ago I was red faced beetroot just after the FIRST 60sec effort of a jog.

But this is only the start of a new healthy,active, and can now confidently say running lifestyle

Well done to us allπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸπŸπŸƒπŸƒπŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸπŸπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

• Yay you're in! We were saving the fizz and cake for you. Congratulations - now we can get our badges :) :) :)

You may also like...