Newbie on wk 2 - music when running?

Afternoon all,

I have one more run left of week 2 and am loving the BBC couch25k as you can choose your own music (Sorry I didn't like laura or the music so gave it up sometime last year).

What do you guys listen to whilst running? Right now my track list is:

Olive - not alone

Darude - Sandstorm

Robert Miles - Children

Strike - U Sure Do.

Sash - Ecuador.

What do you guys listen to?

7 Replies

• Ooooh never thought of those songs, I love Robert miles, children and sash Ecuador it totally bring back memories of the days I used to have a life ( before my kids! 😂) and go out lol. ( love them really!) I can definitely see the. Run boosting moral in those and might have to add them to my running list too.

Sorry I don't think my personal music list would be of most people's taste but I love musicals and uplifting songs from those.

Hairspray- can't stop the beat

Grease- grease lightning

Top gun (not a musical lol) playing with the boys and danger zone

I like stuff I can focus on the words so I can sing ( to myself ) and forget the time lol.

• Still to make my own just used Laura's in podcast. Quite liked most of it particularly week 6. Prob have no taste! Lol.😯

• Heavy stuff mainly - Alter Bridge, Metallica, Marilyn Manson oh and Rammstein too :-) the heavy beat helps me run. I cannot listen to teeny bop and although I like the couch 25k program, some of the music is TORTURE! Especially week 7 :-(

• I'm actually loving Laura's choices now. Well... Most of the time.

• I think i need another date with this laura!

Love a bit of heavy metal too :)

• Faffing about with playlists is too often just another avoidance tactic. Bit of 'so I make a playlist, I can handle it'

But listening to the BBC Ouch (disability) podcast is funny, informative and a great antidote to gremlins and general precious fussing about. Gardener's Question Time is no good if you want to go faster.

• My technological skills are at an even lower base than my running ones so working how to listen to music is another challenge for me! I use my phone to tell me the timings for the runs (Using simple c25k app) How would I add in music? If I ever do master the technology I'm thinking Everley Pregnant Brothers would be my first choice - making me laugh and having a great beat - though maybe a bit fast for me at the moment x

You may also like...