Graduation plus 4 weeks

4 weeks following graduation I'm really please to say I've stuck with the programme. I set myself a target of running 30 mins 3 times a week. Pleased to say I've complete 10.5 runs, had to abandon 1 run and gave myself a pass on another having flown back from a 2 day long haul business trip.

My tech has been playing up, every time I go out with the intention of running 5k just to work out how long it takes the GPS on my phone adds extra distance. I need to upgrade!

Pleased to say breathing has improved, weight slowly reducing and even more importantly I have more energy.

Now heading for 2 weeks holiday. Next target will be to bridge to 10k

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • All sounding good! Enjoy your holiday! Will you be running whilst away?

I am off to France for a few weeks... running kit is packed :)

• Not really sure if I will run or not. Will take the kit and see how I feel. Off to Croatia so may be a tad too hot to run.

Enjoy France and the running.

• That's good to hear. I graduated yesterday and my plan is much as yours. We have to give ourselves the occasional pass - live does happen. Have a good holiday.

• Well done, it feels great completely the programme. I've continued to use the podcast for week 9. I like the encouragement every 5 mins.

• Fantastic, I graduated around four months ago and I have good and not so good runs. Times when I feel amazing and other times when I drag myself round. I find if I struggle, I now allow a run walk approach - it is still moving, mostly running too and better than just going home feeling rubbish. I might run for 100 double laces, recovery walk for 100 or if I feel ok, run longer, maybe 150 or 200!

• Well done :) I graduated with my first 5k four weeks ago and I've stuck to doing it 3 times a week... It takes me 40 minutes but merry week at the park run I'm knocking a minute off so did it in 36 mins on sat... Looking forward to the magic 30 mins!!!! I feel so much stronger now so am going to start extending the distance by either 5 minutes or distance (depending on how I'm feeling!!!)

You may also like...