Monday misery W9R1 done 😣

Instead of my usual 2 days off decided to start W9 this morning. BIG mistake! Blimey, I felt sick after about 20 minutes - my own daft fault for not timing my pre-run snack properly. Then I realised I was going a bit faster than usual, my brain telling me that the 30 minutes would be up quicker, no doubt. Anyway, pig-headedness kept me going and for the first time in my life I ran for 30 minutes!!! If I can do it once surely I can do it again. I really want that badge! What I have learned today: dig in and don't give up; I'm obviously not a Monday morning runner! 😊

Skip

Featured Content

HealthUnlocked User Stories

How did you improve your fitness, general well-being or cope with your illness?

Share your story

Featured by HealthUnlocked

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done on sticking with it 👍 I bet your Monday morning didn't suck quite as much once your had obliterated W9R1! Looking forward to seeing your shiny Graduate badge in a few days. Good luck 🍀

• Wahooo you got out there and even though it was a pig you did it~!!! And you'll do it again....I know that 30 minute feeling :)

• Well done, you did it. Only 2 more runs to go and you know now that you CAN do it.

Good luck and enjoy.

• You're so close now, tryinmibest. Well done on getting through this morning's slog.

Final 2 runs: slow & steady, rest is best, you know the drill. :)

• You finished, that's the main thing. Onwards!

You may also like...