Advice on distance trackers needed please

Hi everyone

I am looking for something I can wear which will record my running distance. It sounds simple enough but all I have found so far are activity bands or watches that seem to do everything from sleep quality to telling you when you need the loo 😏 and I just couldn't be doing with all that malarkey. Any advice please

12 Replies

• Hi Lornia, I have been using a Garmin Forerunner 10 for 3 or 4 weeks, and I find it very useful.

It's just a basic GPS watch.

It records time, distance, speed, elevation, and calories burned.

Approx £60 on Amazon or at Decathlon.

• I agree. This watch records all the basic stats to keep you happy and motivated. I've been using it for two years now.

• There are loads of phone apps which can track you if you have a GPS enabled phone. I bought my first smart phone so that I could listen to music/ podcasts, track my runs and also have emergency contact should l collapse in a field miles from home, all on one device.

• I have a Garmin watch I find good, dedicated GPS sports watches are more accurate than phones..

• I looked at the Garmin forerunner after reading your replies and it seems just what I was looking for. Thank you all

• Get a garmin..l I started with a forerunner 10 it's nice and simple and easy to use. You should get one cheaply too. I've now progressed to the 225 which I also adore but I'm glad I started with the 10 so I got used to its abilities....

• I love my TomTom watch. Has a big screen so I can keep an eye on how far I'm running. £50 Sports Direct 🏃🏃

• I have a fit bit hr it's quite accurate. Had an up before, like the both but the fitbit is more sturdy. Endomondo is not bad.

• I have a Garmin 10 which is dead simple but looks good and does the job. I've had mine absolutely ages, gift to myself on graduation, but I wouldn't be without it

• Now, that's a good idea! A graduation gift to myself 😄

• I have a Garmin watch on my wish list but for now use endomondo on my phone which works really well(mostly!) I have also used track my ride to track dog walks etc and find the distances on both to be quite accurate .

• Im also an endomondo user, never had any problems with it, use it for walking, running and cycling love the fact that it gives all the stats and a map, also stores all the info so you can look back on it to see how you've improved :)

You may also like...