Fun in the sun

Fun in the sun

I had a great workout today. I'm shaking things up a bit. I'm looking to get better upper body tone by the time I hit 50 in September. So today's workout consisted of a run down to the park, with my little back back on filled with my bottle, resistance bands and seat pad. When I got there I did an upper body workout using my resistance bands. I have purchased a small fold up seat pad so I can sit with a bit of padding for some of the sit-ups and back rowing exercises. After I finished my Stregnth workout I went for a speed run lap round the park. I ran as fast as I could before I had to walk. Then I set off with a speed walk back home and a hill

I feel like I have had a really good workout. All in all I covered over 6km but I felt like less breaking it up a bit. My upper body feels like it has had a good workout too. Did my squats for Rig while I was out as well.

Weather permitting I would love to do this at least once a week.

It always surprises me that with running you can always find new and different ways to keep you motivated.

Wishing you all a happy healthy week

14 Replies

• That looks great... I thought that was your garden!

The whole work out sounds really good... I might have to borrow some ideas please?

Brilliant! Thank you for sharing! :)

• I wish my garden looked like that. Feel free to join in. I love exercising outdoors, it's a new found love. After years of going to a gym I didn't know what I was missing.

• This looks great! Very brave of you working out like this in the park.. I had a tour of my local gym yesterday.. thinking about it.. works out quite expensive though..especially as I swim twice a week.. So maybe I should just take a lead from your example :) and brave it out :)

My 50th month before you RFC :)

FIT FOR 50 :)

• FITFOR50. That sound good. I have two local parks and I spent a lot of time running round them. Only one has the machines but the atmosphere is always very nice and friendly.

• Goodness you're brave, exercising in the park!

I'm loving the idea of doing squats for Rig. Think we need a thread where we all show solidarity with that lovely man by posting how many squats we do each day -it might even motivate me to do some. :) :) xx

• I am lucky my two nearest parks are lovely but I view it the same as my running i might be wobbly or slow but I'm doing something about it so I refuse to feel intimidated, but saying that I've never been made to feel anything else but welcome in my parks. Maybe on Monday I'll start a pinned post "squats for Rig" then we could do a weekly one for a little while.

• Sounds fab RFC! You'll be gathering a crowd soon methinks!

• Now that would make me feel self concious 😀. I could start an afternoon "wobbly Girls Boot Camp". That would be fun.

• You're so brave doing these things in public! Sounds like a great workout.

• Thank you. I did the same thing in the gym earlier this week but I must admit it felt so much better outside in the sunshine, only time we have had a really good day this week I wanted to make the most of it.

• Sounds like a great combination workout, all the better for being outdoors... (I hit 50 in September too)

• Oh great there are a few of us. We might just have to do a running for those hitting 50 quest August and Septemeber.

• Massive respect RFC, Well done for getting out there .

Sounds great , plus youre enjoying it, Double Brucie Bonus ! :-) xxx

• Thank you. It's taken me some time to get over post HM Blues but I think I've finally kicked them into touch.

You may also like...