My article about Couch to 5K!

I'm excited because an article I wrote about doing Couch to 5K as a complete non-runner and couch potato has now appeared on the Mirror website.

With limited time and less money, running seemed one of the few ways I could attempt to get fitter.

I wish I'd found this forum when I started, rather than only after I finished, but I put a link in the article so maybe some others can find it earlier.

I could only describe my own experience, but hopefully it might strike some chords about stumbling through Couch to 5K!

(if anyone's remotely interested, here's the link: mirror.co.uk/money/how-fit-... )

20 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Absolutely brilliant, really well done you 😊think it says it all and C25K is really for anybody

Such a great advert for the program, you should be mighty mighty proud and rightly so πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Thank you! I really want to get across that I was a rubbish runner and really unfit, but I had a go, and thanks to Couch to 5K I can now (much to my disbelief) actually manage 5k.

I even look forward to going out running, which is such a change.

• Ah this is great !

Brilliant article, it says it all . This should inspire so many others who are thinking of starting and those already working through the programme .

Many Congratulations on your Graduation and Happy Running ! :-) xxx

• Thank you! Never thought running would make me happy, but it does. Even happier if I wasn't red in the face and exhausted afterwards, but hey maybe that will come.

• Great inspirational article! I hope it encourages more people to dig out there trainers :)

• Thanks! I was embarrassed that it took me ages to find my proper trainers to get started, because they were at the bottom of a box from when we moved house...nearly two years before...

• Great read and very inspirational and down to earth - nice.

• Very enjoyable, easy read. What a great way to get the C25K message out to the masses.

• Oh my gosh I can't believe this - I first heard about couch to 5 k when I stumbled on your blog post a few months ago and it planted the seed! Am now about to start week 9 - thanks for inspiring me to do this!! Great article πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Oh wow that's amazing - congratulations on reaching week 9!

I usually potter around thinking no-one reads my blog apart from mother, so really glad it encouraged you to have a go at Couch to 5K.

• This is a great article, and so incredibly true to my own C25K experience as well!

It's great you're helping to spread the word, and hopefully a lot more people will be encouraged to start and realise it's for ANYONE, not just for super-fit elite runners (in fact, it's not for them at all!!)! :)

• Wahay! I loved that! 😊

Well done missus,thanks for the big up to C25k. It's the bees knees int it

• Great article Faith, you did the programme, Laura and yourself proud. :)

• Loved your article!

• Excellent - I really enjoyed your article. I expect you'll do that parkrun without walking very soon.

• Thank you! Many cheers, I have now managed to get round my second parkrun without stopping - went on 4 June just after submitting the article. Nearly flattened me though!

• Great article. Now you've started you won't want to stop! You'll soon be chipping away at your Parkrun time (which was great btw). Well done!

• Thanks! I have now done a second park run after sending in the article, and through gritted teeth got round slightly faster, at 33 m 42s. Have been alternating the Couch to 5K + Speed and Stamina podcasts in the hope it will help in future.

• Very well done, that's a great article and will hopefully inspire many others to give it a go.

• Great article. I hope it inspires others. Good luck with your future park runs you sound hooked now.

You may also like...