Pixie alert

It is my day off (worked through the weekend), and the weather is gorgeous. But it is a rest day, and I know I shouldn't skip those.

I read something about recovery runs on rest days (only for experienced runners who are in good running shape) and decided that since I can't run slower than I usually do without stopping, I would instead go for at recovery walk.

Deep inside I must have known that I was going to run... why else would I have changed into my running outfit?

Anyway - I'm back after a 2k walk followed by a 2k slow run and a 1k cool down walk, on a rest day. Sorry. The pixies made me do it.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I am very familiar with those pixies :-).

• Those little pixies.. they have a habit of getting right inside your head :) Sounds lovely!

• Haha - just don't make a habit of it!

• I felt like a feather in the breeze because the run was so short... could be dangerously addictive

• Sounds good to me, plenty of stretching now :)

• It was you Juicyju and Bazza1234 who inspired me, I mean, planted the run-on-rest-day-pixies in my head.

Have had a good stretch and feel good! Tomorrow will show...

• 30 minutes per day - 5 days per week - with an elevated HR from moderate exercise - that's what they say we all need!! :)

• I'm thinking of listening to the pixies this week aswell. Just to see what's possible. But not 100% sure. Will post if I'm naughty.

• Bad Pixies! 😂

• Very, very bad pixies, indeed!

• You've got the running-bug bad huh?? 😉

• I think it is a very bad case

You may also like...