Not a very flattering photo, but I'm feeling very proud of myself after yesterdays parkrun. I completed the 5k in 34:32, not bad considering the course had a steep hill that had to be climbed 3 times!

I think there were loads of other C25K graduates there so I felt at home :o) I'll be going next week too.

PS, I've changed the photo so you can see what a wide range of people attend these events, every shape, age, ability is welcome x

Last edited by

28 Replies

• You're definitely off the injury couch! Well done.

• Wonderful photo Pam... Go you. You did brilliantly!

Well done! I wish I had the nerve... not ready for the public yet I don't think... a great time for you too!

Glad you are off the IC and looking strong:)

• well done! Great pic, I'm not brave enough to have my photo taken, even though my glowing face would probably challenge the focussing!

• Parkruns are just great ain't they 😀 Well done on the time too

• Well done! You look fantastic and really happy! I'm still too nervous to try a Parkrun but am thinking about it. That is a great time too!

• I think it's a lovely pic! Great time too, well done you x

• Congratulations--that is a great time. :)

• Thank you! As for you who are too nervous...YOU are the gremlin-slayers! You're graduates of a programme that was designed to help you run 5k. Please go, you'll have a great time....(although my secret weapon in combatting nerves is best beloved who came with me and forced me out of the car ;o)

• Well done Pam! Glad you enjoyed it. You definitely look like a runner :)

• Well done Pam. You rocked it.

Great pic, you look very relaxed & right at home there ☺x

• It is a nice photo. You look very calm for someone who is running uphill. Like the elderly chap there running in trousers, shirt, vest and his regular shoes. He looks very happy.

• Can i ask pam, is it easier than running alone? Im thinking of doing my local park run but slightly worried ill be left behind!

• It's easier in the sense you don't focus so much on your legs, heart etc and yesterday I felt there's a bit of peer pressure not to give up on the hill (in a good way), so it goes faster; but I wasn't able to sing or bop about a bit. If you're a graduate I can pretty much guarantee you won't come last. Maybe go and observe first? Good luck!

• Great pic, well done 😊

• Great time, Pam - especially if you had to do that hill 3 times! I can see how steep it is in your photo.

• The hill looks nasty!! You finished with a great time, well done :)

• Well done Pam and going again next week means it didn't put you off which is great.

• It's like childbirth, gain over pain :o)

• I'm proud of you... but, to be honest, I'm even more impressed by the gentleman on the right, who ran wearing trousers, shirt and gilet... 😁

• I know! How dapper was he? I reckon it was Ron Hill himself, incognito :o)

• Well done Pam ! Looking very comfortable and focused there .

Blimey ! That Hill !! :-O xxx

• Tell me about it! My legs are still aching :o(

• Well done, looks like a nice run :)

• Did you miss THE HILL?!! ;o)

• Hills are out friends ;O)

• Well done! I hope that to be me in a few weeks, although I might rethink if people are going to take pics... Ugh, I look bad enough when I'm not running! ;) You on the other hand look so zen! I must admit the idea of running with other people scares me a lot. I want to meet other people and be social but I also like running in part because it's solitary.

• You don't have to look at the pics after and you certainly don't have to post them on here!? Believe me, this was the best of a bad bunch, in all the other photos I was gurning and glowing. Parkrun is the best of both worls, you can run and be sociable as and when you feel like it x

• Congratulations Pam, just brilliant - no vertigo on those hills I hope x

You may also like...