BHF #mymarathon starts today

BHF #mymarathon starts today

It's been a little while since I was here. I've been focusing on my weight loss over the last few weeks so been spending my forum time allowance on My Fitness Pal, sorry C25k buddies :)

So I signed up to do the British Heart Foundation MyMarathon, which is to run a total of 26.2 miles over the course of May and today is May! 

It's rather poignant that I'm doing it now; my husbands Uncle passed away from a heart attack on Friday and he was like a second Dad to him during his teenage years after his own Dad died (also from heart disease). 

I can still only really get out on weekends due to work and home commitments, and I have one weekend away in May so my plan is to attempt (ACHIEVE) the 26.2 in 3.75 mile runs which will take 7 runs, that should enable me to get it all in without overdoing it. The maximum I've ever run so far is 5k, I'm not used to miles but I think 3.75 miles works out at about 6k. I hope I can do it! I have to do it!

So despite having a bit of a cold, i'll be heading out for my first session later this afternoon. Wish me luck!

And cheeky though it is, if anyone wants to make a small donation (£1 would be fabulous) the link to my fundraising page is here:

If any one else fancies signing up, the link is here:

Last edited by

7 Replies

• Ah lovely to see you again Kim xxx 

Sorry about your loss (((( )))) what a brilliant tribute to his memory .

Good Luck with your challenge , I am sure you will achieve it . You're a C25ker , you're made of strong stuff ! :-) xxx

• Welcome back, running buddy! Great to hear from you again👍 I'm the opposite, I'm spending more time running and trying to get fit, rather than weight loss. And I've been neglecting the weight loss forum. Good luck with your runs - you'll manage it easily and you're a speedy PumpKim so you'll have no problem with 6 k!

• Missed you.... Sad new,  but what a tribute you will be making!

You will do this, you have been so determined throughout your running journey. :)

Huge Good Luck! x

• Excellent. I have signed up too so great to have a buddy. A few of us pledged on the quest thread. 

• Where will I find the quest thread?

• Run 1 done! 4.49 miles in total. Had a short walk in the middle but the second wind it gave me helped me get past my target of 3.75 miles per run. I changed my mind about my route after about 1k and took myself off to the canal, knowing I always seem to find the runs easier along there. Perhaps because it's so flat!

Back out again tomorrow, taking advantage of the day off work.

• well done to you. partaking in the same fund raiser myself. you will definitely achieve it. hope you enjoy it. it really is a worthwhile cause. here's a wee link to my page .    just enjoy and once again well done

You may also like...