Fell of the wagon

I was doing great.. Completed Week 6 Day 3... and then I got to the week before vacation.. so I made excuses.   About a week later I did Week 6 Day 3 over... that was 12 days ago.  I went away on vacation, didn't run once. I'm home now... but still haven't gotten back on it.  I intended to run last night, but failed again.

I WILL do it tonight.. but do you all think my body is okay to go to week 7 at this point with a 12 day gap?

9 Replies

• Hi it's all about ur mind. If u r determined to finish it, u will. But if u have run yesterday (even failed one), u need a day's rest. Don't u think? I would probably go back and do it from week 6 run 2 so I get the confidence back to run for 25 minutes.

• I'd say give it a go, start week 7 and see how you get on. You can always go back to wk 6 if necessary but you might surprise yourself once you get going.

• If I remember rightly, week 7 simply repeats R3 week6 - so however you want to think of it, just get those shoes on and go!

• Just get your running gear on, get out the door and see what happens. Once your out there walk/run whatever.....you might as well get on with it but you'll achieve nothing sitting indoors thinking about it. Think of this as a kick up the backside, you sounds like you need it. No more procrastinating.

• Stop thinking about it and get out! As been said, give it a go nice & slow!

• Try it. If it really is too hard, go back and re-do week 6. It is no big deal.

• I did week 7 Day 1 last night, and completed it. Very happy to be back on track!

• that's absolutely marvellous, sorry if I sounded a bit harsh, but I'm so happy you did it. Not long till graduation. I will look forward to your next post.

• If it were me I would re-do week 6.  

You may also like...