Week 4 Done - But Piriformis Syndrome Attacks

I loved week 4, each run went really well and I was amazed and delighted every time that I could run for 5 whole minutes.

My last run was on Sunday and since then I have had a pain in my lower back/buttock area, causing me to limp a little while walking.

I usually start the next week on a Tuesday or Wednesday, but will wait until Friday to see if the pain resolves with stretching and rolling. 

I am looking forward to W5R1, although runs 2 and 3 look daunting!

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Piriformis is a pain in the arse.

I have not had it myself but I have seen a lot of youtube vids and stuff on Mobility WOD of rollery treatment.

• It certainly is!  Not heard of Mobility WOD before, but just Googled it and it looks like a great resource.

• Don't look at the coming weeks.. just do what you have been doing, slow and steady and you will come through! :)

• Thanks OldFloss, I can't help it, I just have to go and look and then regret it, but you are right, I am going to keep on doing my own slow thing, it seems to be the only way for me!

• Self control... :) You will be fine.. keep it slow and take the advice form those who know about your Piriformis. :)

• Have you actually been diagnosed with Piriformis Syndrome? I had that for years - it's a killer. Sit on a tennis ball. It hurts like hell but really loosens everything up. Also this stretch is the best one I found. 

• I had a massage with a sports physio and she was certain that is what it was and she really worked on the area (poor thing), which did wonders. 

I like the look of that exercise, I will add it to my arsenal (see what I did there, lol?), thanks!

You may also like...