Week 5 Run 3 DONE !!!

Hello all,

Been a while I have posted here. I have picked an injury while trying to run faster in week 4 first run... Had to take a month off and I wasn't sure if I ll get back to the plan ever again. But once the pain reduced I decided to give the week 4 a try again and ran much slower this time, managed to finish it. Then comes the week 5. The whole week only thing on my mind was how on earth would I run 20 minutes non stop. And here I am posting that I finished my run 3 with still some gas left in me. After the first 5 minutes my body said, nope this isn't for u. Give up... I just thought let me finish another 5mins and I ll see then. After the 20 minutes is done i ran for another 2 mins just to feel more prouder :) I jus feel on top of the world. First time in life I have run for 20 minutes non stop and I can't tell u how it feels... Bring it on Week 6 :)

Thanks everyone for ur support and motivational posts. Without u I wouldn't have done it.

6 Replies

• Well done Sivaram. The first 20 minutes nonstop is a very sweet thing.  And fantastic to hear the way you came back after injury.

• Oh that is so amazing. Well done you and thank you for sharing your story. It means a lot to me as I am stuck on week 5 week 1 which I did last Friday and injured my calf in the last couple of minutes of running.  ( looking back I should have stopped but I was so determined to finish it) so I am now on the injury couch ( day six) and really missing the running. I won't try again till its pain free and after I have done a walk, but one of my worries was losing what I have done in the last four weeks and not picking it up again. Your post reassures me that it is possible and hopefully I can get out there again soon and just see how I go. I am also dreading week 5 run 3 ( which should have been yesterday) so again the fact you did it then is a good omen for me!!!! Good luck with week 6!! 

• I know how u feel. We never can stop while minutes away from finishing the target. I injured myself because of the same reason. Just get some rest and do some stretching if possible and u ll be able to get back. All the best :)

• A month off is tough. Well done coming back and completely smashing it. There's a runner if I ever met one. Onwards...

• Well done. I've just run that one today. It feels great to have run for 20 mins non stop doesn't it? 🌻

• Absolutely

You may also like...