I'm back! (slowly)

An ankle/foot injury in November put me on the IC for longer than anticipated. I thought I'd give it a week's rest, but it turned into a niggle that refused to go away. After a couple of false starts, I got back on the programme a few weeks ago and today ran for 30 minutes. Hoorah! 

I sulked for the first couple of months, but then started to lurk on here because I missed you all - it's amazing how many new names are on the forum and lovely to see so many old friends too. I took all the advice about running sloooowly, and it paid off -  today I feel like a real runner again.  Now I just need to build up the speed again...

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done and welcome back :)  build back up gradually , you will be just fine 😊

• Thanks Rob, I'll follow your example!

• Sensible person.. I am on the IC and trying to be sensible now... doing lots of non run things too!!!

Glad you are on form again:)

• Thanks, Floss! Hope you are soon back on your feet. Meanwhile, enjoy the rest!

• Good to see you back and sounding so upbeat too. We never think, when we start running, that it's going to take such a hold. :)

• Running makes me sound upbeat - except when I'm actually running. I dread to think what I sound like then!

You may also like...