help plse

im not very good with technology, but have downloaded the couch to 5k app from the app store & attempted day 1 this morning, i had already selected my trainer prior to today & spent yesterday familiarising myself with the app & all the tips etc, today i got half way through and whereas initially my music would fade & i would hear my chosen trainer saying run or walk all of a sudden it stopped talking to me & the music kept fading but no instructions?? this was really inconvenient as i had to keep taking my phone out of my pocket to see what i was doing next & to watch the timer can anyone tell me why this might be please as i totally lost momentum & it left me feeling very disappointed with myself :-(

9 Replies

• You should be disappointed with the app (which is infamous for not working really well), not with yourself.

I'd recommend you to use the podcasts instead, although they have a questionable selection of music... :P

• hi thanks for your reply me being a bit of a technophobe didnt really understand i thought maybe when i use the app i need my 3g on which i didnt have on, with the podcasts can i upload to my i phone & they no use no internet? i do like the fact that i can listen to my own music tho ;-)

• Yes, the podcast can be downloaded on your phone or MP3 player and you don't need a network connection to use them.

• ahh thats great thanks so much for your help :-)

• You're welcome. ;)

• I tried the App and after a couple of runs had problems, once the podcast is downloaded, you know it is there and you are good to go! 😀

• thanks for that ive downloaded the podcasts & will try that tomorrow morning :-)

• I'm a newbie too but use the podcasts which work fine - download them to the phone then it doesn't matter if you have a data connection or not when out. I bought special gloves with finger tips you can use on the phone but to be honest haven't needed them as once I get the right podcast playing(that's another story) it's gone right through fine. Good luck!

• thank you for that advice ive downloaded the podcasts tonight & will try that instead of the app :-)

You may also like...