Week 2 run 2

Whoop whoop - only 9 minutes to some people but compared to where I started it's a bloody miracle I can do this!

No problems with the run itself but my left foot is now slightly swollen with some mild pain. I think I will rest over the weekend and complete run 3 on Monday evening after purchasing some proper shoes rather than continuing to run in pumps.

Thanks everyone for the support so far. You're all really helping to give me that motivation I need.

5 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • It is great Daniel. With C25K each run is an achievement. It make you feel so good ๐Ÿ‘

• Yeay... celebrate every step of the way...I was thrilled when I ran for three minutes at the start!!!

Definitely get the right footwear... it makes all the difference!

Folk on here are amazing.... got me through, and when the snow clears, I can carry on with the Couch to 5K+ podcasts which I started after Graduation...you have that to look forward to when you complete!!

Go you!

• Ouch! If you are running on hard surfaces in pumps, yes, definitely worth having a couple of days off and getting running shoes before running again.

I started in lightweight walking boots. I struggled *a lot* with the first week but it was later in the programme that I rewarded myself with running shoes. But I was sloshing round a soggy forest. And I'd still rather run in walking boots than the fancy Salomons I was fitted with when I went proper shopping (swapped for something that suited me much better)

It is lovely to hear your enthusiasm. Hope the foot improves soon....watch out for doing a lot of trailing around on foot in pursuit of new shoes!

• Well done Daniel, but yes get some supportive shoes and in the meantime ice the area. Rest Ice Compress Elevate (RICE) is the way forward. Look it up on line.

• Hi Daniel, today I completed wk1r3 and I am looking forward to wk2 on Monday. Like you I need a decent pair of trainers, so waiting patiently on payday next week.... worth the investment me thinks! and hopefully I will get an end of sale bargain. Wish I'd done this years ago..... but hey! IN'm doing it now.

You may also like...