shoe buying advice

I've decided to treat myself to new shoes. (Realised yesterday that I've done about 600k in the ones I have - no wonder they're looking a bit used.) I use orthotics from the podiatrist to run with, so my thinking is that I want a neutral shoe so that they don't interfear with the orthotics. As far as the shoe is concerned I would then be looking for comfort, fit and shock absorbtion. Does that make sense ?

5 Replies

• Makes sense to me. My running shoes are Brooks Ghost 7s (I think they are on to Ghost 8s now)- that's a neutral shoe and they are fab. Plenty of room in the toebox, lightweight, laces never come undone. Love em!

• I'd say , as I always do, go to a sport shop and get their advice. Take your shoes and orthotics so they can see what you need. Happy shopping xx

• I have orthotics also - yes, you absolutely want neutral (non-correcting) shoes first and foremost.

• Absolutely. Both Danzargo and I wear Asics Nimbus with orthotics - they are very cushioned and comfy, but you better try some different shoes in a shop to find the best fit for your feet. Good luck.

• It makes sense to me and tallies with Danzargo's recent post about neutral shoes and orthotics. Don't forget to post a picture when you get your new shoes :)

You may also like...