Snowy run

G'day everyone, and happy Saturday running to you all!

I'm not doing Parkrun currently due to constitutional issues (bleugh!) but I went out with the 'lovely' Laura and the Stamina podcast - into the SNOW! Here in SW18 I was NOT expecting that! What fun, how beautiful it was- it actually stopped snowing after about 10 mins which I was very glad of because I was very worried about slipping- but it wasn't lying on the ground. Fantastic- I was much slower than my last (PB!) run but still managed 5K in under 34 mins, happy, happy to have got time and distance back up to where I was on graduating, happy to be 2 stone lighter than I was at the start of 2015, even though it's mostly from adjusting drinking and eating, and not from running, happy to be running so I must be fitter, so lucky to be able bodied enough to be able to run... woohoo! Sometimes, it's good to just reflect on how lucky I am! Have fun but take care out there, and enjoy yourselves whatever exploits you have in store!!!

:)

Last edited by

2 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Yes we are all lucky. We are doing something we like and successfully too. You did well 34 minutes for 5k in the snow.

• Hi Rainshine - what a lovely post! I agree, it's good to reflect on how far we have come, (and your time for 5k is definitely not to be sniffed at! well done! )

I started C25k back in April because I hit 50 ๐Ÿ˜ฎ and wanted to be healthier for myself and my family. First time round, injury struck at W8 (at work,) and I couldn't run for about twelve weeks, it was awful. I had to start from scratch and when I finally graduated it felt so fantastic! Like you, I am just so grateful that I can get out there and run. I am a much healthier and happier person with running in my life and am now starting to extend one of my three weekly runs in the hope of running my first 10 k in March.

I agree the winter weather needs respecting but wow! It's beautiful to get out in it too this time of year!

Happy running๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜€

You may also like...