Blustery Run

Blustery Run

I finally got out for a run after the pulled muscle I got the other day. It was gray out with storm clouds roiling and the wind ripping gold leaves from the trees. It was an interesting run for sure.

A young woman had allowed her fluffy white pomeranian to run off of the leash. Said little dog thought that it would charge me growling ferociously. Granted, I wasn't afraid of a dog that size, but really didn't want a bite. I stopped and watched as the dog swung wide. The owner finally got the dog to mind and called it back. I kept going.

I finally made it for the full 30 minutes but, as I was getting sore and threatening to become airborne, I called it a night. I played with the leaves for a bit before the wind picked up even more and then went inside.

Not a bad fall run. πŸ˜ƒ

8 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Always love your posts rfb! Beautiful picture - it is lovely here in the UK too at the moment

Glad you avoided those little canine jaws - I love dogs, but am sometimes a little unsure when I see someones unleashed dog bouncing my way during a run!

• Thank you very much! Yes, I would agree completely about the dogs.

• Gorgeous colours in those leaves. Seeing a pile of them awakens the inner child - you just have to kick them up don't you?

• Yeah, I admit that I did kick them around a little. πŸ˜‰

• Once again, a beautiful photo , gorgeous colours :-)

I love the swooooshing sound the leaves make when you run through them, fantastic ! xxx

• Thank you! Not bad for a cell phone. Yes, I love the sound the leaves make too. What a great time if year!

• Great photo, just love the colours in the trees - and on the ground this time of year

Not a lover of dogs off leads - should be banned, especially if their owner's can't or don't call them to heel. Grump over! Glad you enjoyed your run.

• Thank you! Dogs off of their leads sometimes makes me nervous as well.

You may also like...