Victory moment

So I've been running now for 8 weeks I gave up smoking and started running ;) and on my first week I walked up huge hill in New Zealand called one tree hill and I thought one day I'm going to run this whole way. anyway last week I did it I could not breathe when I got to the top but a lady came up to me and said well done you ! (As I'm not the smallest woman 96kgs) and I just burst into tears from 8 weeks ago not being able to walk up one flight of stairs with out a massive breathing attack To what I am achieving every day honestly I am so proud of myself for the first time ever !

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • From smoker to uphill runner?! You're one special lady, you've every right to be proud of yourself, I'm truly humbled.

• Wow, well done you. That's fantastic, you've every right to be proud of yourself :-)

• Brilliant! You must be so pleased. What a great step you have taken to improve your fitness!

• What an amazing story! You truly have turned your life around! Remember that feeling when a run is tough x

• Ha! Well done for knocking down that hill. It's good to have routes/challenges to conquer. Feels so great to see the improvement.

• You should be! Well done.

You may also like...