Week 9 - Just hit 5K! How did that happen?!

Went out for my run after work yesterday and having planned to go with the flow again, ended up running for a little over 32mins. Have just plotted my route out on the Runkeeper website only to discover it was pretty much spot on 5K! Am feeling so chuffed I am a little lost for words! After a very slow comeback from injury, at last it is all falling in to place and feeling acheivable. I am starting to see myself as a runner at last and now hope I can repeat this for my last two runs.

Hope everyone's runs go well this weekend and if you're stuck on the injury couch - have faith that you will get back out there!

14 Replies

• Well done Sandra, that's brilliant! You are definitely a runner.

• Thanks - also feel like I have beaten those gremlins into submission and now am actually believing in myself! What a fab programme and forum this is😀

• Glad you have got over your injury and you are back on track. Nearly ready to graduate! you have done well to run 5k too.😊

• Thank you - I have hated being tall all my life, but there are advantages to having long legs!!

• great news Sandra :D well done , you have been a runner for a while maybe just didn't believe it :D

• Thank you! I used to enjoy running right up in to my teens, and then lapsed in to inactivity for soooo many years! But, doesn't it just feel good!

• It certainly does :) it is the best thing ever

• Brilliant Sandra ! Thats a proper racing snake time ! :-)

Well done ! No stopping you now :-) xxx

• Well, let's keep our fingers crossed that I can maintain it and go doing something stupid again. Like I said above, there are benefits to having long legs, and I have spent too many years being self conscious about my height (5'10) - now I can try and use it to my advantage!

Am thinking I might be brave and try a local Parkrun in a few weeks😃😮

• Oh I wish I was tall , I am a bit of a short ar*e ! :-)

Oh yes , you gotta try parkrun, its great ! xxx

• Why are none of us ever happy with what God gave us! At least you can wear high heels!! It's flats all the way for me! (admittedly, probably not a great idea for Parkrun however!😉)

• That's absolutely great!!!! Congratulations!

• Thanks RFB!😀

• Well done! That's an amazing time too😀

You may also like...