One Month Anniversary

So on 23rd August I finally braced myself for the horror of running, downloaded the app, dug out my running shoes (from one of my many previously failed attempts) and went to the park.

I can't believe looking back only a month, the pain of trying to run for 20 seconds of Laura's 1 minute. I also can't believe (but am chuffed) that yesterday I was able to complete week 4, run 3, and yes it was hard, but I did it, and, sshhh, but actually I really enjoyed it, and find myself looking forward to the running days.

I've signed up for the October virtual runner 5K, and last night timed how long 5K (as week 4, run of mixture of walking and running) took me - 52 minutes, so I guess my aim is to start chowing down on that time and I don't mind if at the end of October I'm walking some of the 5K (I'm sure I will be), I just want to commit to still doing this in a month's time.

Anyway, just wanted to share how much I'm enjoying the running, and how grateful I am for the advice and motivation on this forum.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • brilliant smurf, well done :D you have already done so well :) and now you have great goal to work towards ,keep at it and you will succeed .

• Your doing really well congratulations and good luck for your 5k

• Well done! You're doing brilliantly. Keep it up!

• Well done, and don't worry about having to walk. Walk breaks are absolutely fine and can often salvage a bad run.

Enjoying your running is the important thing! No need to go mad and get hurt. Slow but sure!

Good luck!

• You're doing amazing! well done and good luck on your 5k xx

• It's a brilliant programme, but it still takes your efforts to make it work for you. Good for you for hanging in there during the tough days. It's so easy to get disheartened and give up too easily, and you haven't given in to that temptation. In a lot less than a months time, you're going to be doing some surprisingly long runs, and hopefully enjoying them as much as you enjoy the sense of achievement. It feels great, doesn't it?

• Well done smurf... it's my two month anniversary today, in that in 23rd July I woke up and decided to download week 1 and go out and do it immediately... and now I have graduated! Hurrah for us! Keep at it :)

• From one smurf to another: well done for sticking with it. Here's to the next month. :-)

You may also like...