My first 10K - Job done

On Sunday I took part in my first 10K event, bearing in mind I only started my C25K journey back in May. With regular running with the attempt to up my distance I crossed the finish line in 1 hour 10 minutes and 41 seconds. I am still feeling sore today after deciding to really push myself for the final stretch once I passed the 400m left to go sign.

To those who are on the C25K journey - don't give up you will feel really proud of yourself once you cross the finish line of your first competitive race.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's a fantastic achievement! Massive CONGRATULATIONS 😀

• Thank you :)

• Great result, you must feel really chuffed. Well done.

• I am indeed :)

• Well done you. I started c25k in late April and haven't managed 10km yet.

• If you want to do a 10K race you will. I wanted to do this one and so I set myself the challenge.

• Gordon Bennett! (Who was he by the way???). Amazing accomplishment after just graduating in may. Took me a year to do a 10K! Hats off and all that!

• Albeit tired and relieved to have made it across the finish line before stopping. I was immensely ecstatic to have done it.

• Gordon Bennett was one of those fascinating upper-class characters that sound interesting from a distance but would probably be an annoying oaf in real life: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James...

Congratulations on your 10k MH - which one was it?

• Admiral Swansea 10K. Long and flat.

• That's great, well done. I'm hoping to sign up for a 10k next year. Need to get used to 5 for a while first!

• How about you sign up for one that takes place on the flat and set yourself a target?

• Don't do what I did and sign up for a hilly 12.5km! :-)

• Well done you, now it doesn't stop there. I have been running for a few years now and just love a 10k race. They are just about right for me. Next one is 4th October - Great Scottish Run - Glasgow, this is my third time.

Look out for other races to motiviate you to keep up with the 10k's. its a great feeling.

You may also like...