Looks like feet up for a bit

I was at the gym running yesterday and it was going well the running felt good but as I slowed to my final walk I felt a sharp pain in my inner thigh and that was that. I had to really slow the walk and it was really sore. On the walk home from the gym I almost gave in and called my son to come and pick me up even though the gym is only around the corner from my house.

So it looks like I have a groin strain. Currently have my leg up, using ice and resting. Work will have to manage without me today as walking is pretty uncomfortable {ie it hurts}

I am on holiday next week so I guess I wont need to take running shoes with me. But on the bright side I am going to Thailand so it will be warm and I can swim. The weight I have already lost, 1 stone and 4 pounds in the last couple of months means i can wear my bikini.

Hopefully in three weeks time when I get back I will be on the road to recovery and can start again, gently.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Sorry to hear that, hope your back on your feet soon

You may also like...