The "problem " with volunteering at parkrun

"Congratulations on completing your 38th parkrun and your 27th at Logan River parkrun today. You finished in 151st place and were the 71st male out of a field of 151 parkrunners and you came 1st in your age category VM65-69. Take a look at this week's full set of results on our website. Your PB at Logan River parkrun remains 00:30:34. Your best time this year remains 00:31:29."

Although -- I notice that I still came first in my age category!! :)

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done, shows a lot of perseverance and consistently good run time! I would b happy to run 5 km in 50 minutes, will b proud when I complete a Parkrun. Keep up the good work.

Julie

• Thanks for the positive support - but I forgot to put this in as well :)

"Logan River parkrun results for event #112. Your time was 00:58:05."

I came 151st out of a field of 151 - because I was the tailrunner :) But even then I was first in my age category!! :) That is a bit unusual because we generally have others in that category who run it in 24 minutes!! :)

• And you volunteered so you got 100 run points Genius!, I only get 1 point each week for just staying ahead of the tail runner haha

Anyway good for you and thank you, I know you are not at my Park Run but all the volunteers need a huge pat on the back, without you this wonderful event would not happen.

• What do you do with the points?

• Still trying to work out what the problem is?

• He he ! I was waiting for somebody to say this :) Volunteering as tailrunner has it's good and bad points -- the good point is that you get the event recorded in your "athlete results history" page ( so that it adds to the number of events you have attended) -- BUT the SLOW time is also recorded :) - so anybody looking at your results history will see a 58 minute run - even if you are normally a 20 minute runner!!! :) Completely ruins your recorded history average

It's an "in" joke - that probably only people who have been tailrunners get ! :)

• Yes very good Bazza, I think the same, it cocks your stats up.

• thats something to celebrate...and well done :)

• Very well done! I have yet to be 1st at anything but you never know! :)

• I only came first in my age category because I was the only one in it!!! :)

• Who cares - 1st is 1st! :) :)

You may also like...