Week 9 Run 1

I did the run yesterday afternoon - and I loved it! In Week 8, minutes 15-20 were tough. I hesitate to use the phrase 'hitting the wall' because this is not a marathon, but I had to really push through these. But yesterday, I hit 15 mins, turned around (because I run up and down the canal) and kept going with little fuss. I had a brief moment of 'Oh, I could stop right now' at about 23 mins, but I put this down to the little wooded area I run through then where I pulled up miserably in Week 7. Then I merrily trotted on. With one minute left, I upped my pace and when Laura said slow down, I could have kept going for at least another minute. Throughout the run, I was feeling happy and excited - is this a runner's high?

Loved it! I have this urge to find my old PE teacher and tell her of my achievements!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's great well done. I've just come back from my Wk 9, Run1 and had a similar "I could stop now" niggle when I got to about minute 13 but pushed through it.

Good Luck for the rest of the week and your graduation run... we're nearly there. :)

• We are, aren't we?? :) Run 2 is tomorrow and Run 3 is (hopefully!) Sunday!

You may also like...