Race for Life

Race for Life

I did the Hull Race for life on a very hot Sunday 12th July (in memory of my late partner AKA The Old B*****d). A nice route around the centre of Hull. I had to drop back to a walk for some of it due to the heat. I finished in 35.04, 1 min 57 better than my best parkrun time ! So chuffed ! I could have gone much faster if it had been a cooler day.

Next race is the Dove House Colour run in Hull on September 20th. If any C25k'ers would like to join us, it looks like great fun.

Happy running !!

11 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Fantastic cause, fantastic time - just a great thing to do! I ran it in memory of my Dad a few years ago and the atmosphere was fab. Well done you.

• Thank you ! x

• well done, great time, I did the Portsmouth R4Life on Sunday 19th. What an amazing day it was, had a few tears when everyone turned around and read someone else back message of who they were running in memory off.

Priceless XX

• Yes, very much so, there were some very heartfelt back messages, thank you xx

• Brilliant ! Well done Girly ! Fab time too ! Take a bow , Missus ! :-)

I am so sorry for your loss xxx

• Thank you Poppy ! I did the Dove House hospice Midnight walk last year and not long after started C25k. It's a good way of remembering him xxx

• Well done Girly xx

• Thanks Curlygurly ! xx

• What a lovely result. Your partner would be proud of you I'm sure :) xx

• Thanks Hilbean, I hope he would be proud too xx

• I'm sure that was a hard run for you emotionally so really well done. That's a great time too and especially in the heat. Nice bling!

You may also like...