W4R1

Today I started week 4, I'd doubted myself that I could actually do it but I did and I'm really pleased with myself. Only problem is I'm still really struggling with tight ankles. When I'm running, after a period of time my ankles feel really stiff, when I slow to a walk they feel tighter and ease a bit when I run again but hurt more when I walk. By the time I finish the 5 min cool down walk the pain has gone and the ankle no longer tight and doesn't bother me again until I run next.

I am hoping that continued running will ease the problem (not cause injury), and it will go away, but it is annoying as it really slows me down. I am managing the runs with breathing etc it's just these sore tight ankles!. This pain isn't new to me though, I always get this tight feeling in my ankle if I do a walk of any length and especially if I pick up the pace of the walk.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm a tendinitis veteran. I started running with tubigrip bandages, and then invested in compression socks and it made all the difference. Keeps the ankle supported (and warm) and I've not had a recurrence in the last 5 weeks.

I hope you find a solution that helps you out.

• Thank you, I will try that. Hopefully it will help.

You may also like...