One run to go, and just smashed w9r2!!

So I couldn't sleep last night because of the heat, so when it got to 5.15 I thought I might as well get up - I figured it's only going to get hotter, right? Lovely morning, cool breeze and I was out before 5.45. I really want to do a 30 min 5k or better before I graduate and my best average pace has been around 6:30, so I tried to go a little faster, with a very helpful soundtrack. I made sure I had loads of water before I left and wore as little as decently possible!

The run felt good, it started to feel a bit hot out of the shade, especially on the upward inclines, but I slowed down and kept at it. Was so so pleased to see that I had averaged a pace of 6:05 by the end and had done 5.2k in 31.51 mins! Praying for a cool cambridge race for life now on 19 July. If all goes to plan I should graduate (can't believe I have stuck with this!!) On Saturday!!

Go Go Go all my fellow nearly- graduates, especially you Dawn and Pam, so close now we can almost taste it!!!! πŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒ

8 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • 5.15??!! You must be smitten! But how exciting that you've got just one run left. Better start getting your speech ready. Well done.

• Nuts more like! Thank you!!

• Wow that sounds textbook! Well done indeed. You should be right chuffed with that. I hope all goes well with your Graduation and with your RFL

You got it all going on !!!! Take your time, go steady and all will be well.

Good luck

• Yes,I am SO chuffed!!

• Well done Sandi , that's an amazing time.......you will smash the race for life.....πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ going out later myself as its cooler today......hopefully graduate on Sunday ....whoop whoop xxx

• Thanks Dawn, hope it goes well for you too!!

• Fantastic Sandi! Sounds like you are going to smash that race for life too! Really excited that we are so close (fingers crossed for my grad run on Tuesday!) and I have really enjoyed you and Dawn's company along the way! X

• Thanks Pam, me too xxx

You may also like...