5 minutes slower after 7 weeks hectic hols!

My first parkrun outing for 7 weeks this morning - and recovering from a rotten head cold, I wasn't really in the right mood for it but I forced myself to do it by telling myself that I would just take it easy!!. . I ran the 5Klm 5 minutes slower than my best but all things considered , I am happy with the result . I did find it quite hard - and must have had to blow my nose 10 times around the course!! :)

I am starting a preparation for my first HM in 10 weeks time - even though I am intending to just run it without much thought to time, it does have a 3 hour cut-off - so , not wanting to come in dead last at 3 hours, I guess I will have to train to finish in 2hours 30 (if possible) . Today's not-so-good 5K result is actually the pace that I would need to maintain for 21 klm instead of 5K. So that is what I will train towards.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You can do it Bazz.... And well done for doing parkrun with a cold. Follow your plan, have fun and that's a crap thing about the cut off time..... Well done :)

• I guess the holiday is over. I expect you will actually enjoy getting back into a proper training routine - good luck with the HM.

• Welcome back! 3 hours doesn't sound like much to me...

• You'll do it Bazz, 10 weeks is a good time to prepare, a man with a plan x ;-)

You may also like...