I have been meaning to get up to HM distance all year and without an event to train for I haven't started.
Today I have seen there is a half marathon in August, i didn't think they were doing it this year! I really want to do a HM like all you lovely people. So here are the problems:
1) Its 10 weeks away -Usually training should be 16weeks?
2) Secondly it will be hilly- the same hills i had to tackle in December and not been to since - I get started with this route this week
3) I have hanging out at the gym too much and weekly kms of running outside have dropped, however i know i can do 10km comfortably.
4) I go to Costa Rica in July for 2 weeks, i am not sure what running will be like -Humidity is just about bearable for short runs but long runs its a no for me, secondly not sure if there will be a suitable roads and paths.But i can pack my trainers and give it a go.
5) I have a plan and thinking of using this but it only takes me to 17km - I am hoping this will be ok- as i don't think i will have enough time to push to the full hm distance and have time to recover for the race.
My question is this just a push too far?