First park run!

I finally plucked up courage to go along to my local park run (Oldham), and it was great! Well, the organisation and volunteers and atmosphere and friendly runners were great- the course was quite hard- 3 laps and quite hilly. I'd hoped to get around 30m and managed 29.56 which I was chuffed with!

I'd wanted to go for a while but just not been brave / organised enough. However, having done the Mcr10k last week I definitely needed something in my diary to motivate me to keep running.

So- I'm definitely a parkrun convert! :-)

Last edited by

5 Replies

• Well done! I also did my first ParkRun (Basildon) this morning and managed 31:05.

• I'm so happy for both of you that you've discovered the joys of parkrun day. Saturdays will never be the same again! Well done on those times too. wow!

• That's really well done both of you. I have my first park run arranged with a friend for June 6th and was hoping to do it in less than 50 minutes. No chance of me doing anywhere near 30.

• Great! Smashing time there. Isn't it fun?

• Great stuff. And a sub 30 too! I don;t do Parkrun that often, but they certainly are a brilliantly organised thing. Gets you used to running with folks too - and there's nothing quite like overtaking someone right at the finish line is there!!

You may also like...