Couch to 5K

Market Drayton 10k goodies

Market Drayton 10k goodies

Was there anyone not out to an event on Sunday! I was at the Market Drayton 10k and was lucky enough to pick up a PB 53:07 and a very nice goodie bag as pictured below.........apart from the pork farms pork pie (enjoyed by DH having eaten his) to be fair that is his gingerbread man 😊 mine is long gone😉The race is staffed by volunteers and had 2300 runners with 2100 finishers, a great day and only a few hills!

18 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Prin ! Well done on your PB , brilliant !

Very nice goodie bag !

In our GMR one, we got a T-Shirt, medal, foil blanket, bottle of Lucozade, flapjack , and a pack of 3 noodles !

Sounds like you had a really good day ! :-) xxx

Muller used to be the main sponsor and years ago it was known as the muller 10k but they still stump up a tray of corners for each finisher! Not sure on the gmr 10 date but wouldn't mind having a go next year if it doesn't clash.......

Would be great if you could make it . Quite a few of us on here will be there and for the meet up after xxxx

Gosh I got 5 noodles in my GMR bag, I should complain if I were you Poppy! I also got a packet of raisins. Yours looks really good Prin, not sure that I would fancy a pork pie either.

Oh yes, a little box of Sunmaid raisins, I forgot about those :-) xxx

My raisins disappeared very quickly after the run.

Ha ha , I know , I was flippin' ravenous ! I used about 800 calories for the run, but think I consumed twice as much as that after ha ha :-)

Hey ho....... :-) xxx

Congratulations Prin, fantastic PB and nice bling/goodie bag!

Wow, what a time! Well done

Lovely goodies there. Mmmmm 😊

Well done prin, that is quite a haul.

Fantastic time too.

It sounds exciting. Isn't it fantastic what you can do with running. How it changes your life and brings you so much happiness

Yeah and so many calories :) might let DH have the half pint of ale voucher!

What a great goodie bag! but then greatly deserved after a 10k and at a fab pace - really well done!

I haven't done any races/events yet. I my first 5k in 8 weeks time eekkk :) I'm very excited - I'd be happy just to finish it running (probably in about your 10k time lol), and a bit of bling would be nice.......

congrats Prin :)

Events are great some how the crowd keep you motivated - and other runners too..... there was a sweet chap that asked me the time at 26mins, that said to me as I was flagging at around 800mtrs to go come on nearly there and its amazing the motivation that it gave me :)

Nice one would be happy with that goody bag!! Well done ☺

Congrats on your new PB - what a lovely lot of goodies!

Loving the goodie bag - think Market Drayton may be on my list for next year now! I did our village 10k last week and got a lovely T-shirt (they do one in a different colour every year and there's always a bit of a competition to see who can do the run in the oldest t-shirt to show how many times they've done it!). I'm doing a triathlon at the weekend and you usually get some coconut milk and some kind of energy bar - much prefer the idea of raisins and a gingerbread man :)

ooh nice! like the top!

You may also like...