My favouritest run so far

Loved Parkrun this morning! I planned the week better this week, with 12k on Monday, a gentle 6k on Wednesday and a 3k interval run (well, 3.4k with the recovery jogs) on Thursday. I felt really good before the run was started, and managed a decent pace for me - below 6:30 - and sustained it. This week I actually passed several people and finished fairly strongly in a PB of 32:03 - just outside a sub 32 - which was a good 20 seconds inside my previous best, and a goon minute faster than my previous best Parkrun.

How were your Parkruns today?

My run -

PS - Official results now out - they clocked me at 32:00 dead.

Last edited by

16 Replies

• Nice one Steve, well done.

• Fab time, well done!

• Well done on the PB! You obviously enjoyed yourself.

• I really did, Ully. I'd have liked to run faster, but I'm pleased I sustained a pretty constant pace right through the run. Hopefully my speed will naturally increase.

• Well done Steve, that's a lovely even pace.

• Well done Steve!

• Yay! Great result - well done! :) :) :)

It was my first Parkrun today and they had their second highest attendance ever - it was very busy! I am chuffed with myself for giving it a go. .... I don't know if I was excited or nervous :) Such a lovely atmosphere with everyone so friendly.

• Well done you! It is a lovely atmosphere, and there's something magical about a crowd that forms suddenly at 8:45, runs around the park a few times, then disperses as quickly as it formed!

• Well done that's really good progress.... :)

• I'm happy, but still in awe at what you did!

• Thankyou... That's so kind :)

• Well done Steve. Great job!

• Thank you, MW!

• Fab stuff ! Well done Steve :-) xxx

• Thanks, Poppy!

• Great run Steve. I missed parkrun this week (had to look after our twins).

I'm looking forward to getting back to it on Saturday though. I'm keen to see what effect (if any) 3 weeks of B210K training has had - did just over 7km this morning.

Although there's a possibility the parkrun course will change from the winter one (that I'm used to) to the summer one (that I've never run and has more "off-road").

You may also like...