Best ever/worst ever run

Best ever/worst ever run

Last year I ran this coastal road in Northern Spain one way, Baldy dropped me to the next village and I ran back. it was my dream to run both ways this year. The village is called Getara, it's about 4KM just round the headland on the right. I saw the sun come up and was trotting along happily and realised that although it was gently uphill all the way I didn't feel as if I was running uphill...I had a great run and stopped for a bit at the top, congratulating myself on my best run ever!

I turned round to head home and realised I had forgotten my sunglasses. The sun was now full blast in my face, I have very sensitive eyes and began to feel very dizzy and sick, and a bit nervous as the parapet wall is only about 18 inches high in places! I kind of staggered down feeling really grim! So much for my dream run! This bit felt like my worst ever run!

Still, I'm chalking this one up as a triumph, at least I've done it and won't feel I have to do it ever again!

Funny thing running eh?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! Looks beautiful but sounds like a hairy return trip:/ I definitely would call it a success though, hope you enjoyed some celebratory sangria;) x

• Just a bucketful or so...! Xx

• Ha ha, good for you! Important to celebrate an achievement:) x

• Beautiful place! Pity for the return run, but done anyway!

• Yes, my thoughts exactly - done!

• That looks lovely!

• What a beautiful place to run. Congrats for hanging on in there - and I'm glad you kept away from that parapet :-) The only solution would have been to run backwards - that would work those calf muscles!

You may also like...