W3R1

W3R1

So excited that I've made it this far. Running for 2.5 minutes is a milestone and I'm thrilled. It wasn't as hard as I thought. Stretching has really helped. Loosening laces have helped with feet numbness. I'm working on my MASTERPIECE. I never thought I would say this but I look forward to my jogs. Only me, pavement, and headphones without my kids. My 30 minutes of peace is MY TIME to release and unwind.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations - it's a good feeling isn't it?! I go on a real high after I've been for a jog. It's great - all those endorphins racing around!!

I am on week 3. Going on run 3 this morning. I found it nothing short of a miracle that I could jog for 3 mins (I thought it was 3 mins that the runs are for? Is it 2.5mins??).

Good luck for the rest of the week. You're doing great!!!

xxx

• Well done, D! Sounds as though you were a runner at heart, before you started running! Go for it!

• One of the silly frustrations that I had, was lacing and unlocking my trainers. I know... Stupid, but...!

Then I got some elastic laces from a triathlon store online. They cost 3.99 and transformed my expensive trainers into a joy to slip on and go. I fitted more on my walking boots too which radically increased my use of them as well.

Good luck. Persist!

You may also like...