I've been running this year with my new friend, Jacqui....
I'm just back from another run with thunderous grey skies and little glimpses of red, setting sun. Most beautiful. But it was Jacqui I wanted to tell you about.
Jacqui has been a perfect companion, and has kept me warm and dry whatever the weather. And she is on special offer at SD at the moment £21 which is amazing. We've run in icy conditions, dodging frozen puddles, and I've just needed a long-sleeve running top underneath.
Jacqui has all these advantages:
- A draw-string hood and I've put that up when starting out... when I'm hot I can drop the hood and so haven't run this year with a seperate hat.
- Long sleeves with long cuffs & a thumb-hole. When the temperature is 5 degrees and above I can just use these instead of a pair of gloves.
- Plenty of pockets: 2 outside zip pockets and a further third small zip pocket on the left hip (somewhere to keep house keys). There are 2 further, deep inside pockets - somewhere to stuff the gloves when I get warm.
- Jacqui is seriously well put together... she has a longer back which keeps my lower back and kidneys warm and a nicely padded, high zip to keep the cold off my neck.
- Lastly, whilst not waterproof, Jacqui has shrugged off drizzle, sleet, hail and snow so far this year.
In summary - Jacqui comes highly recommended, is well thought out and a fantastic companion. I'm not 100% sure that the picture online has the hood and cuffs, but Jacqui looks identical to the picture.