Forgive me fellow runners for I have sinned

I did not run for 2 weeks as not really feeling it and upon my first run back for the said fortnight, I suffered for the first time with shin splints! I have historically suffered with my legs, usually hips and calfs but shins have never hurt before. I have now done 2 5K runs since and legs ache so much on the shins. Any tips :)

Thanks

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Time is what you need I'm afraid, rest until they feel better (if your lucky it'll only be a few days). I've never had them from running, but I have had them from walking of all things! A few days and my legs stopped hurting and everything was back to normal :) fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!

• Thank you :) mine a far worse from walking it seems to be that pulling the toes up as you step forward. frustrating lol

• gait analysis....proper shoes???

• Rice - rest, ice, compression, elevation. Anti inklamtories.. all of this I picked up from this blog. Put tea towels in the freezer and wrap them around your raised legs...

• thanks guys, yes have had 2 gait analysis, both different lol but i think might need a little support

You may also like...